• Become a member of the Council and help prevent child abuse. Membership is open to
everyone. Parents are welcome. Meetings are held at 9:30 a.m. on the third Tuesday of the month
call 899-3318 for meeting location.
• Volunteer your time to help with outreach and education. Assist with our annual Child Abuse Prevention Month activities in April.
• Write a check to the Child Abuse Prevention Council or to the Frank Watters & Mary Anne Houx Children's Fund.
• Donate a gently used backpack, baby supplies or toiletry items for children entering foster care or relative placement.
The Council provides Mandated Reporter Trainings for people who work with children and are mandated to report
suspected child abuse.
Mandated reporter-Are you a mandated reporter?
Penal Code 11165.7 currently specifies 35 categories as mandated child abuse reporters.
Review this penal code online: leginfo.ca.gov.
Why you must report:
Because it is the law
To protect the child and to provide help for the parents
Reporters are immune from criminal liability for reporting as required, but failure to report can result
in up to 6 months in jail and/or $1,000 fine.
How trauma affects young children
Learn how the brain develops
Learn how violence affects young children
Learn methods to help children heal from trauma
Training time from 30 minutes to 2 hours. Call the Council to schedule a free training: 530-899-3318
Educational Material Available:
• Parenting tips • Safe Baby Surrender Information • Local Resource Provider brochures • Fetal Alcohol Spectrum Prevention;
• Shaken Baby Prevention • Safe Sleep Information • Keeping your Child Safe • Brochures on numerous topics such as Family Time,
Managing Anger, Separation, Sleep, Special Needs, Staying Healthy, Stress, Toilet Teaching, When a Child Bites, Positive Discipline etc.
Many of these materials are available in Spanish as well. Call 899-3318
• Assist with child abuse prevention month activities, via resource tables, blue ribbon campaign, presentations
• Conference planner for annual conference
• Public Awareness coordinator, develop public service announcements, billboards, pus posters, brochures and schedule trainings
• Help collect materials and supplies for foster children such as backpacks and items for babies
...is a coalition dedicated to the prevention, intervention and treatment of child abuse.
Its objectives are to increase public awareness of child abuse and neglect, strengthen
families, and to provide education and professional training.